Sunday, July 29, 2012

It's Fall!

The calendar may read August (well end of July), but it's time to start the Fall soccer season!

  • I start with 3 games next weekend in an early season tournament.  I could easily pick up 3x that if I wanted to work on Thu/Fri afternoons and Sunday.  My day job is preventing me from that on Thu/Fri, and my fitness concerns along with a desire to stay out of the heat are preventing that on Sunday.
  • I participated in our HS Boys' 'draw' this time.  This is the first time the 'draw' has been entirely automated - or so they tell me - so I'm sure there will be lots of grumbling about said 'draw' at the Pre Season clinics that we have to attend for HS.  My schedule for HS is almost maxed out already.  Most of my games are Varsity, which should be interesting for Boys season.  I'm somewhat used to working this age group from State Cup.
  • By the end of the Fall, I will have the CR games to qualify for Grade 7.  The State folks have already asked me when I'm going for my 7.  I think I'll do it - I'd like to be able to work some advanced Youth games.  Originally, I had dreams of becoming a 6, but given the amount of U18+ games you must work as CR, it's just not going to happen (unless I feel like ignoring my family).  Oh well.
I enjoyed watching the Euro games and some Olympics, along with almost any match I can find on Gol TV.  Why?  I watch the CR.  Where are they?  What are they calling?  Would I make that call?  I know the TV does not have the angle they have, but it's still interesting to watch.  At least for me.

Otherwise, I'm injury free and my fitness is reasonable.  So I'm ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment